In OpenSolar you have the flexibility to include premium high-definition imagery content in your proposals on a per-project basis. This is available for Australian and New Zealand solar professionals. Access Nearmap imagery only on projects that need premium, high-definition content.
Before you can use Nearmap's PPP, an admin on the account will need to activate an OpenSolar Wallet. See directions on OpenSolar Wallet here.
Note that if you are an NMOS user, you cannot also use pay-per-project.
Include Premium Imagery on a Project
1. Create a project by entering the address as you normally would.
2. Once you select the address, you're taken to the screen where you confirm the location and mapping service.
You'll now notice that the project might have a Nearmap note, which lets you know that premium imagery is available.
If you'd like to use Nearmap PPP, ensure that the dotted rectangle is just surrounding the area you'd like to design on.
NOTE: with Nearmap pay-per-project, you do NOT get the entire mapping area - you only get a certain section. It is crucial to clearly indicate the area for design on this page.
Once you've centered the image and selected NearMap imagery, move forward by selecting "Create Project" at the top right, and navigate to the Design tab.
3. In Design at the top right corner, open the "Design Mode" tab. Here you select either 2D or 3D options for Nearmap premium imagery.
Click the hyperlinked text shown in the screenshot above to read the T&Cs before clicking "select". Once you click select, it will activate the premium imagery for this project and funds will be subtracted from your wallet (for e.g. in Australia, it will subtract $5.45 + $0.55 GST from your wallet's balance).
Note: If you create a new project at the same location, you will need to buy the premium imagery again.
Permissions and access to Your Wallet and Premium Imagery features:
Only admins of your OpenSolar organisation will be able to access Your Wallet and Premium Imagery settings in the control zone. For all other users, these sections will not appear.
You can give access to team members to use Premium Imagery and other purchased content in their projects by enabling it in custom roles. To do this, go to Control > Company > Custom roles. Edit/create a role, scroll to the bottom, and click this toggle:
This will provide team members with that role the ability to activate Premium Imagery and other purchased content for their own projects.
PPP imagery access periods
- 0-30 days - Complete access to all historical 3D and vertical imagery, can add as many views as needed all included in the purchase.
- 30-90 days - Can only access the views that have been added in the initial period and any new views would require an additional purchase.
- 90+ days - Access to imagery has expired and to continue using NM imagery (even the ones added to the project), a repurchase will be required.
Find out more about Nearmap coverage here.
If you need additional support on Nearmap, please check out this how-to page.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. We'd love to hear from you!
Open an OpenSolar Wallet
First, you need to set up your OpenSolar "Wallet". Your wallet is used to pay for third-party premium services on OpenSolar, including high-resolution imagery from Nearmap.
1. Activate your wallet in Control > Other > Your Wallet.
Read through and agree to our T&Cs, then click "Set up your Wallet"
2. Activate Premium Imagery for your wallet by clicking this link:
3. Then you'll click the checkbox below to enable Premium Imagery as a service on OpenSolar. This does not charge you anything, you are simply agreeing to have this feature activated on your account.
Here you will notice the price per project of premium imagery (in the example above for Australian users, it is $5.45 plus $0.55 GST). This per-project cost gives you access to:
- A library of all historical vertical images captured at the project location.
- A library of all historical 3D imagery captured at the project location.
4. Navigate back to Other > Your Wallet on the left toolbar. Add funds to your wallet to pay for premium imagery. You have two ways to top up funds in your Wallet:
- Enable auto-top up: this will automatically top up your wallet using the credit card details provided in the section below. It will auto top-up when your funds fall below the balance set in this area.
- Add funds manually: this allows you to manually top up when you need to add more funds to your wallet. To do this, click the blue hyperlinked text on this page "Add Funds Manually".