In OpenSolar, you have two ways to fulfil the CEC requirement of displaying the inverter location on the sales proposal.
The first way is to display this in written form, by using the project-specific proposal content. The CEC permits the inverter location to be in written format, so if you would prefer to write it for your customer, this is the best place to do it.
The second way is to make a visual representation of the inverter location on the system design image. We do not have a direct function for this purpose, but you can simply use an obstruction in studio to display where it is. Please follow the steps below to carry this out. Note: this will mark a red dot on the image (not an annotation), so we recommend that you still advise your customer that the red dot 🔴 = inverter location. This can be done easily in your proposal template configuration.
To add the visual representation of the inverter, follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the studio zone for the given project
2. Click at the bottom right corner, then . Alternatively, press the O key on your keyboard and it will bring up the obstruction node.
3. Now you should have an red dot appear. You can click where you would like to place that red dot to symbolise the inverter location
4. Once it has been placed, click it again so it is selected (it will become yellow), then navigate to the left toolbar and change the show customer drop-down to show
5. Now you can advance to the MyEnergy proposal and see the red dot indicating the inverter. As mentioned above, it would be wise to have a note that mentions this in your proposal template or in the project-specific proposal content.