OpenSolar now supports annotation functionality in Studio to indicate locations on site image. These annotations can be shown to customer or hidden from customers (only available in non-customer facing documents, such as Installation Instructions).
Steps to add annotation
- In Studio, click the Drawing Tool button on the bottom right and select Annotation. You can also use the short key "N".
- Drop the annotation to the desired location.
- The annotations float on roof and do not cast a shadow on the panels.
- Select the annotation and type in the Label on the left side bar. Labels are a maximum two character text that is printed on the marker icon.
- Enter the description of the annotation. Description field is limited to 200 characters.
- Choose if you want to show the annotation to customer or not.
For example, if you want to specify the inverter location to customer, place the annotation on the desired location, label it "IL", enter "Inverter Location" in the description field and Select "Show" in the Show to Customer dropdown.
View in Interactive Proposal (MyEnergy) and PDF Proposal
How to show annotations in a document template?
There are two placeholders in the placeholder selector of the document template WYSIWYG: "System Image" and "System Image with Annotations"
All document templates except Owner's Manual will show all annotations when using the placeholder "System Image with Annotation" (including not shown to customer annotations). These annotations will be automatically color coded for easier visibility.
Note: You can only use one placeholder on a single document template.
How to use one description for multiple annotations?
Pros can mark several locations using the same annotation. To do that, ensure the Label of these annotations are same and they have the same description.
For example, to specify panels with optimisers to customer, you can create multiple annotations with Label "O", Description "Panel with Optimisers" and show them to customer. (You can use the "Duplicate" button to save time and use "Copy to All Anotation" button to apply changes to all annotations with the same label quickly)
Note: "O" (Panel with Optimiser) and "B" (Battery Location) annotations are shown to customer, "PL" (Powerline) is hidden from customer
MyEnergy and Proposal PDF View
Installation Instruction View
(OpenSolar automatically color codes the annotations for pro facing documents for easier visibility)