This article is in the Control section of the App.
When on the Control page of OpenSolar, access your list of inverters by clicking on Design and Hardware >Inverters . From here you can either edit existing inverters or create a new one. In order to create a new inverter, click on the create button in the top right.
From here you the ability to look-up existing inverters in our component database. To do this, simply click on the Search for Inverter Code or Manufacturer input box and type in the the model of inverter that you are looking for.
If you are entering in a very new inverter model, or a custom model which is not likely to appear in our database then you have the ability to create your own custom inverter by entering in the specifications manually.
To do this, choose the Create Your Own option when creating the inverter and then enter in the specifications in each of the fields shown.
- Code - this how the component will appear in the studio list.
- Manufacturer - the manufacturer of the component.
- Rated Output Voltage (V) - the rated voltage at which the inverter can output.
- Maximum Input Voltage (V) - the max voltage that the inverter can accept.
- Minimum Input Voltage (V) - the min voltage that the inverter can accept.
- Max MPPT Voltage (V) - The maximum allowable voltage input per MPPT for the inverter, any voltage above this will result in inverter MPPT clipping losses.
- Number of MPPTs - The number of maximum power point trackers that the inverter has.
- Microinverter (Y/N) - Whether or not the inverter is a microinverter.
- Rated Output Power (Watts) - the output of the inverter at a power factor of unity.
- Efficiency (%) - the efficiency of the inverter in percentage ie. 98.3.
Once you have the inverter that you are after, there are several other things you can change:
- COGS per unit - used for calculating system prices if Markup pricing is selected.
- Price Adjustment per Unit (Inc Tax) - this field gives you the ability to add a price adjustment (inclusive of tax) to the Price per Watt and Price Per Watt By Size pricing schemes.
- Default Inverter - a toggle which defines what range of inverters will be selected from when auto-stringing. Eg. if you make a certain brand of inverter your default, then the auto-stringing will choose inverters that are of that brand.
- Product Warranty - the product warranty of the inverter.
- Additional Parts Warranty (years) - additional parts warranty of the inverter in years.
You will have the option to choose other inverter for your designs in the Studio page by selecting them from a drop down menu.
Once you have finished entering in the details for your new inverter type, click .
This will then take you back to your list of inverters in Control where you can create more or edit ones you have already created by clicking on .