Release Notes - OS 2.14.0
Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
Hardware Ordering [Private Beta, UK & AU only]
The new standard for Hardware Ordering is now available in private beta. This next-gen functionality has drastically improved the way you order the hardware you need for your solar sales. In a fraction of the time and at no additional cost, you can now:
- Browse an extensive hardware catalogue from the hardware wholesalers Solar Outlet (AU) and Segen (UK) directly from your projects on OpenSolar. Enjoy flexibility and choice when evaluating and ordering hardware for your projects.
- Get exactly the hardware you need using Order by Project, or get great deals by ordering in bulk.
- See what’s in stock as you design, ensuring you only sell what you know you can install.
This innovation in hardware ordering is designed to help your business go to the next level, creating great efficiencies in time and effort and eliminating rework from data entry errors.
The integration of Solar Outlet and Segen expands the range of available hardware options, while the streamlined ordering flow ensures flexibility and scalability.
If you are interested in participating in the private beta, please follow the appropriate links below:
For AU solar Pros complete this form.
For UK solar Pros complete this form.
All-new Integrated Finance selling experience [Now Live, US] [Early Access, UK & AU]
Every 2 out of 3 solar professionals on OpenSolar use Integrated Finance to close more deals. That’s why we’ve made it easier than ever for you to offer financing within OpenSolar with this all-new finance selling experience.
You can now:
- Offer side-by-side comparisons of finance products and loan providers, making it much easier to present financing options to your customers
- Save 1 hour or more per project by doing significantly less manual data entry
- Present compelling choices to your customers making it much easier for them to say yes
For US solar Pros, explore the new payments tab on your projects or quickly get up to speed with a free training course
For AU and UK solar pros, look out for the new payments tab coming in the next few weeks
Teams [Early Access]
This feature allows organisations on OpenSolar to connect to each other and share entities and projects to make teaming up a breeze.
These shareable entities include:
- pricing & payment option schemes
- hardware components
- document templates
- design setting
- and proposal templates.
Connected organisations will now be able to team up on OpenSolar in a much easier, less error prone manner, making the platform a powerful tool for business collaboration.
New Battery Control Scheme for NEM3.0 [California only]
- We’ve Introduced a new battery control scheme called “Maximize Savings” that allows you to model and capture the extra savings gained by exporting energy to the grid during high export rates in August/September under NEM3.0 electricity rates.
- This battery control scheme will also smartly determine if it needs to charge from the grid during off-peak pricing periods so that it will have sufficient capacity to:
- offset the load during peak pricing periods or,
- discharge its full capacity to the grid during favorable export rates.
- Eliminated "Federal Income Tax Rate %" and "State/Local Income Tax Rate %" fields from all projects located outside of the United States.
- Removed the "ABN" field from projects located outside of Australia.
- Added ability for pros to edit the "accept proposal" and "accept proposal & pay deposit" button text. This can be achieved by navigating to the "Checkout experience" section in Control under "Checkout Acceptance Button Text."
- Added a new field in Control > Pricing & Payment Options > Commissions: "Commission per Watt" (€ field).
- Implemented commission per watt calculation in the design, ensuring precision up to two decimal places.
- Updated contract date format to DD MM YYYY for European Market.
- Enhanced user experience when tagging Team Members in project notes in Manage Page.
- “Empowered by Light” orgs will now have the EBL component automatically added to their proposals.
- Translation updates:
- Resolved broken translations in the design page > price adders.
- Addressed broken translations in the design > incentives section.
- Fixed the translation issue on the Energy Page for "Default for Location.”
- New Terms Added: Included the terms "AC-Connected" and "DC-Connected" from the design page > battery tab for all languages.
Fixed MCS calculator bug that causes the bill in some months after solar to be higher than before solar.
- Resolved the multiple refresh issues on the application.
- Fixed the issue where VAT was showing incorrectly on online proposal for UK orgs.
- Fixed bug where some users were not being able to find their own custom tariffs in the tariff search
- Resolved an issue where switching a Lite project to Full was causing errors with interval data.