Release Notes - OS 2.9.0
Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
Finance Integration Improvements
- Added a widget to surface finance options when customers are viewing online proposals on OpenSolar.
- "Send Credit Application to Customer" button added to the bottom bar in the online proposal view. This will allow Pros to send credit applications to the customer directly from the lender. [Sunlight, Sungage and Mosaic Only]
- Support Exporting Transactions as CSV. [Requested by Octopus Energy]
- Fixed bug that prevented refreshing Phoenix Payment Options after rate changes.
- Fixed the bug “Cannot read properties of undefined (reading uuid)” which occurred when a Plenti transaction was been created and the system with that Plenti option was been marked hidden from the customer.
Supporting NEM 3.0 [US Only]
- NEM 3.0 is the new version of the net energy metering policy that has been approved by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) on December 15, 2022. The policy applies to utility customers of
- Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E),
- Southern California Edison (SCE)
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E)
- Under NEM 3.0, the export rate for residential solar systems will be based on the “Avoided Cost Calculator” instead of the retail rate.
- We have uploaded the NEM3.0 utility tariff rates to our global tariff database so that pros can start designing and experimenting with systems under NEM3.0.
- We have also added a new duplicate system option to allow pros to duplicate a system with the corresponding NEM3.0 or NEM2.0 rate applied for that territory. This will NOT work with any custom tariff rates, the pro must use OpenSolar’s global utility rates.
- Updated default utility inflation rate from 3% to 4% for US orgs for any new Setbacks and Design Settings configurations created in Control.
Drag and Drop Enhancements
- If a docusign signature tag is on a page that no longer exists we will now just silently not add it to the envelope instead of throwing an error.
- "Custom django tags" will not be shown when no value can be found for the tag.
- When getting sample data only return one system and payment option. Prevent users from being able to add placeholders for any payment option other than the selected one.
- Docusign-enabled document templates will now optionally support countersignature.
- Docusign for HTML-based document templates now supported.
- Fixed Issue where “ ” was printed in contract terms.
- [US Only] Working with large numbers of integrated payment options made easier to navigate on OpenSolar. When there are large payment options, pros will see three sections:
- Most Used
- All Payment Option
- Improved UI of the in-app support (question mark) button, and added OpenSolar Community to the list of options in the pop up menu
- Improvements made in System Summary section in Design page
- Improved project mute/unmute notifications view/control in Manage page
- Pros can now set the component costs for IronRidge in the Control Zone [IronRidge].
- Added custom tile within proposal based on inclusion of component and or finance.
- Added a new field to enable QR codes for online proposal and finance application.
- Replaced OpenSolar disclaimer with an external link to reduce the prominence in the Online and PDF proposal.
- Added support for a URL in the quote acceptance checkbox when accepting an online proposal.
- Added notification field when creating an activity in the Project Manage page.
- Added a new energy usage curve profile for customers with night-time EV charging at home.
- Added the ability to designate Other Components and Batteries as solar or non-solar.
- Make it easier to work with large lists of payment options by breaking lists up into “favorite”, “most popular” and “all”. [US Only]
- Added the "Accepted" tag for contracts signed in DocuSign.
- Customers will be blocked from accepting the proposal if the lifetime calculations are not complete. (requested by SolarZero)
- Added the ability to show "including/Excluding GST" in the regular payments featured figure. (requested by SolarZero)
- MFA: Enabled the ability to remember devices for 30 days so that the users don't have to enter the code again on every login.
- Removed "Enable Shareable Link" option for pros who have read-only access to Online Proposal
- Improvements made to Evergen Studio plugin.
- Added partners warranties to hardware filter dropdown.
- Custom Roles will prefill the "Allow access to projects.." checkbox based on the template being applied.
- Updated MCS disclaimers to proposal and shade report. [UK Only]
- Updated French tax name from VAT to TVA.
- Added French proposal template for organizations in country France.
- Fixed the API documentation for updating project data.
- Fixed the issue where the hardware search bar was not fully responsive.
- Fixed bug with panels, annotations and roof not showing in the PDF in certain scenarios.
- Fixed the issue where homepage footer content was overlapping on the Mobile screen.
- Fixed `sync_translations` bug.
- Fixed the issue where quote acceptance content was not showing in the proposal PDF.
- Fixed the issue with the shade report not showing the correct tilt when it is using the racks field and not the slope field.
- Thai Baht Currency fixed on PDF proposal.
- Evergen Tax Bug fixed where adding tax from evergen credit instead of subtracting it from total tax value.
- Fixed uploading/scaling of custom imagery for 3D designs.
- Fixed the Webhook trigger field project.systems.* which was not working. [SunWiz]
- Fixed the issue where Mosaic overlay appears over MFA Challenge.
- Fixed the issue with the FUJI tour for New Orgs.
- Fixed the Issue with a field title in the proposal template.
- Fixed the issue where Information was shown in the “Leave Project” warning dialog (only 'warnings' and 'errors' will be shown).
- Fixed the issue with the Portuguese proposal template default value.
- 'Use non discounted value in quotation' toggle (Incentive Type: Depreciation Benefit) fixed
- MCS generation and self consumption table fixed to display the MCS postcode region, instead of full postcode. [UK Only]
- Fixed the issue with Price Based Incentives where it wasn't taking into account the discounts.