This article focuses on how you can handle the dealer fee for finance options.
OpenSolar provides flexibility on how the pro wants to handle the dealer fee for a loan/integrated finance payment option. They can add a dealer fee (% and/or $) to a loan payment option and set different default behaviours.
- ability to automatically increase the system cost and system price by the dealer fee amount
- ability to adjust the dealer fee applied to the system price compared to the system cost.
How to setup dealer fee?
This functionality is available under the control zone> Payment Options> Edit Payment Option
- Turn on the 'Dealer Fee' toggle to use the Dealer Fee functionality:
- You can enter the dealer fee as a %, as fixed ($) or both
- Dealer fee adjustment field allows you to adjust the dealer fee that is passed to the customer. For example, if the dealer fee of the payment option is 8%, and the fee should not be passed to the customer, the dealer fee adjustment will be set as -8%. In this example, the cost of the system will include the dealer fee of 8%, whereas the system price will have a dealer fee of 0%. The profit margin therefore will reduce by 8%.
As always, should you run into issues, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com for assistance.