OpenSolar Release Notes - OS 2.3.0
Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
Proposal and Contract Generation Enhancements
We have added a bunch of new functionalities to allow for more flexibility in proposal and contract PDF generation.
- Added the ability for users (pro or customers) to choose which PDF to generate: Combined, proposal only or contract only.
- Ability to set which PDFs to generate when the customer accepts the proposal in the Online Proposal.
- Automatically generated PDFs will also include a tag “Accepted” in the Project > Info > Project Files section.
- Added the functionality to automatically email the customer with the combined PDF, contract only PDF and/or proposal only PDF when the customer accepts the online proposal.
With this new release, we have added new features to better support your pricing schemes and easier updates.
- Added ability to import and export component pricing through CSV.
- Allow pro to set commissioning limit
- Added ability to have custom cost line items for each COGS buildup, acquisition cost and fulfillment
- Added support for pricing per watt by size for component pricing along with setting price reduction with more components
- Added support for the recent UK VAT change (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/changes-to-the-vat-treatment-of-the-installation-of-energy-saving-materials-in-in-great-britain/the-value-added-tax-installation-of-energy-saving-materials-order-2022)
Auto-default system simulation
This new functionality allows orgs to automatically set the lifetime simulation of all the systems for a project based on the maximum product warranty of the panel applied. For each system, it will then limit the savings calculations up to the panel product warranty.
Stripe SCA integration (Europe Only)
We have updated the Stripe integration for European projects to ensure it follows the Strong Customer Authentication rule set as part of the PSD2 regulation in Europe.
Note: For OpenSolar pros, if you don’t see the credit card field in the transaction popup, please remove browser cache and do a hard reload.
Enhancements to PDF drag-drop
PDF drag-drop is now more refined and closer to a non-beta release. We have included the following new features and bug fixes:
- copy/paste for placeholders
- Zoom in/out to better see placeholders
- Search for available placeholders
- Added a “preview mode” to hide the editing UI and see what the signer will see
- Better pixel mapping for docusign checkboxes and text boxes
Allow BOM generation for non-IronRidge systems
Mosaic Custom Prepayments
Mosaic-integrated payment options now support pricing for projects with a prepayment other than just the ITC. For example, if a project has the ITC plus a 10% state tax credit, the pro can mark that 10% state tax credit as “used for loan pay-down” and the proposal will show the lower monthly payment the customer will get if they make a prepayment equal to 36% of the loan amount
- Support for Netherland Net Metering
- Added support for Sungage battery only loans.
- Updated default usage curve for Queensland, Australia.
- Updated translations for Italian and Spanish language and fixed missing translations.
- Added placeholder for payment option specific system price including tax in the contracts template WYSIWYG.
- Made necessary system changes to prepare for Goodleap’s new installer portal/API