This article relates to the Project zone > Info tab of the app.
OpenSolar users can create multiple custom documents that can be generated with project-specific data in
Project > Info > Generate File section.
Steps to Generate Document
Within the info tab of a particular project, navigate to the section on the right called Project Files. From here, click on the “Generate Document” button.
From here, you can select from the list of Document Templates you've created in the Control zone. The template will automatically fill in details from this specific project. For additional information on creating custom Document Templates, see the article here.
In addition to all the custom document templates you have created for your org, OpenSolar allows you to generate some default documents directly from the project page. Here's a list of documents a pro can generate by default:
- Owners's Manual (Generic)
- Installations Instructions (Generic)
- Energy Yield Report (Generic)
- Shade Report (Generic)
- Combined Proposal and Contract PDF
- Proposal only PDF
- Contract only PDF
- PV (Solar) Site Information Plan
Depending on the type of document being generated, you will be requested to select the system option or payment option.
- Generic Document - System option not required
- Owner's Manual - Requires system and payment option
- Installation Instructions - Requires system and payment option
- Energy Yield Report - System option not required
- Shade Report - Requires System option
- Combined Proposal and Contract PDF - Requires system and payment option
- Proposal only PDF - Requires system and payment option
- Contract only PDF - Requires system and payment option
- PV (Solar) Site Information Plan - Requires system and payment option
For Combined Proposal and Contract PDF and Proposal only PDF, the system and the payment options included in the document are based on how the proposal template is set up. If the proposal template is set up to have all system and payment options in the PDF, then no matter which system option and payment option you select, it will include all.
Once you've generated a file, you can download it as a PDF and send it to the appropriate person (customer, installer, etc.).
Article is closed for comments.