This article takes place in the Design tab of any project.
For certain projects, you may need to either add or remove a tree in order to update your shading analysis and production estimate. This article will show you how to do this.
Important Note: To do this, you’ll need to be in either a 3D or Manual Design Mode.
Add Tree to Project
First, click the “advanced settings” dropdown and select “tree” while in design.
- A little tree will attach to your curser and you can move it around to the area where you want to place it. Once you find the area, you can click to place down your tree.
- Once the tree has been placed different icons will surround it:
- Will allow you to click and drag to adjust the length and width of the tree in all 4 directions
- Will allow you to adjust the height of the tree
- Will allow you to move the tree back and forth and from side to side
- Will allow you to rotate the tree around
- Without adjusting any height, length or width this icon will allow you to grab the tree and raise it up or bring it down.
- Instead of using the icons, you also have the option to customize the length, width and height by using the tree menu on the left hand side:
- Pro Tip: To change the tree type, simply "right click" the tree and choose from the selection:
Remove Tree with Tree Trimmer Tool
- First, click the “advanced settings” dropdown and select “tree trimmer” while in design.
- Once you select your tree trimmer tool, place the yellow circle at ground level adjacent to the tree if you'd like to cut it at the base.
Important Note: Placing the circle at the top of the tree will have no effect. The trimmer effect applies to whatever is located above the circle and so you must place the circle at the desired height.
(Note: The tree trimmer tool adjusts to the elevation of where you initially place the circle.)
- Then, adjust the length and width of the circle to encompass the area of the tree you’d like to trim.
- You can adjust it using the menu or using the icons surrounding the circle:
- Will allow you to click and drag to adjust the length and width of the circle in all 4 directions
- Will allow you to move the circle back and forth and from side to side
- Will allow you to rotate the circle around
- Without adjusting any height, length or width this icon will allow you to grab the circle and raise it up or bring it down thus allowing you to cut the tree in the correct height
- Lastly, move the yellow circle (with proper dimensions) with the button to place it over the tree you'd like to trim. Set the circle in place, wait a few seconds, and the tool will flatten the tree.