OpenSolar Release Notes - Early December 2021
Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
- Added the ability for pro-admins to add multiple custom fields in different locations.
- Projects (Shows up Right-hand side tab in Info Page)
- Contacts (Adds additional contact info fields to contact details)
- COGS buildup (adds field in Control > Pricing and Payments > Cost Information)
- Pros can select from “text”, “dropdown” or “date/time” field types for Projects and Contacts fields.
- Learn more here.
Brighte BNPL Integration 🇦🇺
- Integrated Brighte Buy Now Pay Later finance options on OpenSolar.
- Allow customers to apply and quickly get approved for Brighte directly from their interactive proposals. Learn more about setting it up here.
- Pros will receive real time updates on the customers application status on their OpenSolar account.
PVProsell Integration 🇦🇺
- Added the ability of SunWiz users to embed PVProsell on the OpenSolar Online Proposal page.
- Improved the configurability of setting up PVProsell while creating proposal templates on OpenSolar.
- Automatically download and store their PDF on OpenSolar when a customer accepts the integrated proposal.
- Add inverter and stringing info in the Design page to help Pros in designing systems.
- Surfaces maximum and minimum temperatures at system location from TMY weather files. Users can override these temperature settings in the Info Page > Site Details.
- When designing with string inverters, provide string voltage information and warnings to ensure that Pros are NOT stringing their inverters outside of what the inverter can handle. OpenSolar now also prevents users from adding more MPPTs than the number of MPPTs the inverter has.
- When designing with microinverters, ensure that the selected microinverter is compatible with the PV panels based on voltage specifications.
- When designing with DC-optimizers, NO inverter stringing recommendation and info is provided.
- Various warning messages have been added which pertain to the DC/AC ratio (these are available for all inverters, including DC-optimised systems) and also voltage warnings (these only show for microinverter and string inverters).
Enphase BOM Integration
- Currently it only applies for Sunpower AC panels with inbuilt IQ7A Enphase inverter (SPR-MAX5-415-E3-AC,SPR-MAX5-410-E3-AC, SPR-MAX5-400-E3-AC, SPR-P3-370-BLK-E3-AC, SPR-P3-375-BLK-E3-AC, SPR-P3-380-BLK-E3-AC, SPR-P3-385-BLK-E3-AC), there will be a recommended Enphase recommended BOM in the ‘Others’ section of the design area.
- Once the design has been completed (including cabling and branch design), the Others section will show a warning message that there might be some missing Enphase BOM.
- Popup can be clicked to get a list of the recommended Enphase BOM to be added. Some components are optional and the quantity can be changed with no error.
- If the recommended quantity for a component is changed, there will be a warning message to show what the recommended quantity is for that component.
- All of the components can then be activated from our database onto the account with the press of a button. If the recommended quantity is chosen, then the warning message will go away.
- If the design changes or the quantity of the components is changed after activating, the warning message would reappear and the pop up can be reopened to update the quantities.
- The warning message would not block from proceeding or impact any calculations.
Support for AS/NZS 5033:2021 🇦🇺
OpenSolar Pros can now draw wiring and add an annotation above to denote cable runs in accordance with AS/NZS 5033:2021. This can be shown along with other annotations in all non-proposal documents generated on OpenSolar.
Docusign Integration Improvements
- Don't show offline-only deposit CTA in Online Proposal after the Docusign contract is signed.
- Ability for Pros to remove header from docusign contract pdf.
- Attach proposal PDF to project when signed Docusign contract comes back.
- Fixed the bug with footer interfering with Docusign tags.
- Fixed the bug where Docusign countersignature won't stay toggled off after it's saved.
- Added ability to preview a project’s docusign contract via the Info and Manage pages. This uses Docusign draft envelopes which won’t cost the pro anything.
- Added ability to “reset” Docusign contract from the Info and Manage page so a Pro can allow the customer to sign a Docusign contract if the project changes after the first contract is signed.
- Added checkboxes (both required and optional) and free text fields (both required and optional) as Docusign tags
- Added several new placeholders
- Loan provider, interest, term,
- 2nd & 3rd customer contact information (i.e. Full Name, Email, Phone, ...),
- System AC Capacity,
- Price Per Watt (Total Price),
- Price Per Watt (Purchase Price),
- System Grid-Independence Percentage (%)
- System Self-Consumption Percentage (%)
- Added support for adding “n” number of days before or after the contract/installation date. (append date placeholder with |plus_days:3 for adding 3 days to the date)
- Added SolarEdge single string design rules and warnings for SolarEdge optimiser sizing.
- Better inform the pros in the design summary if the price has been overridden per payment option.
- Added ability to set the costing for steep racks.
- Includes the ability to add costing based on two levels of steep racks slope.
- Translation updates
- Added default proposal template content for Dutch and Portuguese.
- Add OpenSolar webinar link to help dialog and dashboard.
- Added two new fields in the contact details: Passport number and licence number.
- Dealer fee flexibility - allow pros to adjust dealer fee for integration US finance payment options.
- Enabled Stripe in all European Union countries.
- Enhanced exhibitor reporting. Ability to add custom report filters. (internal)
- Removed the v1.0 deadline from the banner.
- Minor UI/UX changes throughout the app.
- Improved warnings when price lock prevents price change.
- Updated the LG Energy Solutions plugin.
- Rename “Node” to “Roof” in Design > Advanced Toolbar.
- Hide the "schedule 1:1" option in the help dialog based on org relevance.
- Added the other components title and description in the other component selector dialog.
- Added inverter size as an option for size based incentives.