The Victorian government has just announced a new incentive for small scale commercial solar.
You can read all the details about it here on their website. Essentially, from May 2021, the rebate will cover 50% of the system cost (before STC) of a rooftop solar system for small businesses up to $3500. Check the webpage for eligibility criteria.
This article will explain how to set up this incentive and apply it to your commercial jobs in OpenSolar.
1. Go to the control zone of the app. Click Other > Incentives
2. Create a new incentive with a relevant title (e.g. Small Business Solar Vic Incentive)
3. Select price-based incentive, enter 50%, paid to the installer, with a cap amount of $3500.
4. If you are mainly doing commercial jobs, you might want to switch ON auto-apply so that this incentive automatically gets applied to all jobs in Victoria that are under 30kW (you need to specify this after switching on this toggle).
5. If you leave auto-apply switched off, just remember to select this incentive manually in the design tab > incentives when you need it.