OpenSolar supports integrating UtilityAPI to quickly import usage data for projects (USA only).
What is UtilityAPI?
UtilityAPI is an online platform that offers a simple, fast solution for requesting and downloading utility customer bills and interval data.
Visit https://utilityapi.com/ for additional information.
Formats of UtilityAPI
There are two formats usage data can be imported in to OpenSolar from UtilityAPI:
- Hourly interval data (OpenSolar will convert 15 mins and 30 mins data to hourly data)
- Daily average for each month (In case the hourly data is not available, UtilityAPI converts the bill and total usage of each month to provide OpenSolar a daily average per month)
How to integrate UtilityAPI on OpenSolar?
- To integrate you must have an account on UtilityAPI with the project data you want to import.
- Go to User Settings in UtilityAPI and navigate to the API Tokens section.
- Create a new API token.
- Login to OpenSolar (Admin) and go to Control > Other > Integrations & API Keys
- Copy and paste the API token from UtilityAPI to OpenSolar and click the save button.
- You should now be able to see the Utility Import (Beta) button in the project page > Electricity Usage.
- Click the button and select the relevant project. The data must already be active within the UtilityAPI platform.
- This will import an annual hourly data or average daily value for each month.
Note: OpenSolar will convert 15 mins and 30 mins interval data from UtilityAPI to hourly data.