What is UtilityAPI?
UtilityAPI is a utility data service for the new energy economy. Hundreds of energy vendors use them every day to request and download utility customer bill and interval data. Their data is especially useful for solar installers who would like granular utility data quickly or are looking to sell ESS.
Visit https://utilityapi.com/ for additional information. Available for the US only.
Formats of UtilityAPI
There are two formats usage data can be imported in to OpenSolar from UtilityAPI:
- Hourly interval data (OpenSolar will convert 15 mins and 30 mins data to hourly data)
- Daily average for each month (In case the hourly data is not available, UtilityAPI converts the bill and total usage of each month to provide OpenSolar a daily average per month)
How to integrate UtilityAPI on OpenSolar?
- To integrate you must have an account on UtilityAPI with the project data you want to import.
- Go to User Settings in UtilityAPI and navigate to the API Tokens section.
- Create a new API token.
- Login to OpenSolar (Admin) and go to Control > Other > Integrations & API Keys
- Copy and paste the API token from UtilityAPI to OpenSolar and click the save button.
- You should now be able to see the Utility Import (Beta) button in the project page > Electricity Usage.
- Click the button and select the relevant project. The data must already be active within the UtilityAPI platform.
- This will import annual hourly data or the average daily value for each month.