This article is in the Control zone of the App.
When on the Control Zone of OpenSolar, access your list of inverters by clicking on Design and Hardware > Inverters . From here you can search and edit existing inverters or create a new one.
From here you have the ability to look-up existing inverters in our component database. To do this, simply click on the + Add From Database on the top right corner.
Then use the search box to search our database of inverters.
If you are entering in a very new inverter model, or a custom model which is not likely to appear in our database then you have the ability to create your own custom inverter by entering in the specifications manually.
To do this, select Create Your Own option when creating the battery and then enter in the specifications in each of the fields shown.
- Code - this how the component will appear in the studio list.
- Manufacturer - the manufacturer of the component.
- Rated Output Voltage (V) - the rated voltage at which the inverter can output.
- Maximum Input Voltage (V) - the max voltage that the inverter can accept.
- Minimum Input Voltage (V) - the min voltage that the inverter can accept.
- Max MPPT Voltage (V) - The maximum allowable voltage input per MPPT for the inverter, any voltage above this will result in inverter MPPT clipping losses.
- Number of MPPTs - The number of maximum power point trackers that the inverter has. If the inverter is a micro inverter then this denotes the number of panels inputs that there are per inverter.
- Microinverter (Y/N) - Whether or not the inverter is a microinverter.
- Rated Output Power (Watts) - the output of the inverter at a power factor of unity.
- Efficiency (%) - the efficiency of the inverter in percentage ie. 98.3.
- COGS per unit - used for calculating system prices if Markup pricing is selected.
- Price Adjustment per Unit (Inc Tax) - this field gives you the ability to add a price adjustment (inclusive of tax) to the Price per Watt and Price Per Watt By Size pricing schemes.
- Default Inverter - a toggle which defines what range of inverters will be selected from when auto-stringing. Eg. if you make a certain brand of inverter your default, then the auto-stringing will choose inverters that are of that brand.
- Product Warranty - the product warranty of the inverter.
- Additional Parts Warranty (years) - additional parts warranty of the inverter in years.
Once you have finished entering in the details for your new inverter type, click .
This will then take you back to your list of inverters in Control where you can create more or edit ones you have already created by clicking on .