You are able to set up and customize the terms of any payment option (e.g. Lease) in the Control zone of OpenSolar (Control > Pricing & Payments > Payment Options).
This option allows the customer to enter into a lease agreement for the PV system and pay for the system over a period of time with fixed monthly payments.
To create the payment type, click on on the top left hand corner on the list of payment options. You will get the page below:
- Give your payment option a title (Note: This is how the payment option will appear in your proposal).
- Give your payment option a short description.
- In the Payment Type drop down, select Lease (Beta).
- You can toggle Collect Signature at Checkout to collect the customer's signature at checkout. (Note: this will not appear if you have not got Customer-Checkout Enabled)
- Choose a payment frequency from the drop-down menu.
- Then you can set the Term (No. of Months or Fortnights) for the lease agreement, depending upon the payment frequency selected above..
- The interest rate (%) for the lease agreement.
- Enter the amount for the Dealer fee ($) which would be included in the down payment amount or in the regular payments.
- The Down Payment amount can be set by entering a % value of the total price of the system and a Minimum & Maximum ($) value can also be set.
- You can also set the brokerage rate (%) and the annual escalation (%) for the lease payments.
- The payment timing, Beginning or End of the term can be set using the drop down.
- Enter any additional details or notes which would be visible on the proposal along with any disclaimers below the Payment options on the proposal.
- Finally, you can select whether you would like to enable Auto-Apply for this option and fill out the details for this.
- Use the text-editor to enter in the Terms and Conditions which are specific to this payment option and will only be displayed when this option is selected.
- Click the button to finish creating this payment option.