To set up all the types of payment options, navigate to Control > Pricing & Payments > Payment Options.
There are also offline payment options, such as setting up a cash options to accept bank/internet transfers, or you can create a loan option to model the repayments of particular finance option that is not integrated in OpenSolar (for example a standard 5 year loan, 5% interest rate, monthly repayments).
In order to create a new payment option click on the button in the top right hand corner.
From here you will be able to:
- Create a title for your payment option (Note: This is how your payment option will appear in the proposal) and add a short description for it.
- Choose the payment type
- Whether you would like to auto apply it.
- Once you click save in the bottom right hand corner you will have more customization options to choose from. See this article to find out how you can customize the quotation table for each payment option.
We currently offer the following payment types. Please see their dedicated articles to know how each of the different payment types can be set-up.
- Cash : This payment type is for when the customer would like to pay the entire purchase price upfront and this will be reflected in the financial calculations that are shown in the proposal.
- Regular Payment : This payment option is suitable when you are selling standard set PV system packages at fixed Weekly/Monthly regular payments for a term of a pre-set number of years.
- Loan: This payment option allows the customer to pay for the system over a number of installments, with advanced options like delayed down payment, initial loan term and final loan term.
- PPA : Solar PPA is a long term contract between the Customer and the Solar retailer(or installer) to purchase electricity generated by a solar panel system installed at their premises.
- Lease : This option allows the customer to enter into a lease agreement for the PV system and pay for the system over a period of time with fixed payments.
How to set-up electronic signatures
Go to Advanced settings and toggle it ON and then toggle Collect Signature to ON.