You are able to set up and customize the terms of any payment option in the Control zone of OpenSolar (Control > Pricing & Payments > Payment Options).
This payment option is suitable when you are selling standard set PV system packages. The customer pays a fixed price for those packages Weekly/Monthly for a term of a pre-set number of years.
- First, go to Control > Payment Options >
- Give your payment option a title. (Note: This is how your payment option will appear in the proposal). In the example above I have called it “Regular Payment $400/Month”.
- Give your payment option a short description.
- In the Payment Type drop down, select Regular Payment.
- You can toggle Collect Signature at Checkout to collect the customer's signature at checkout. (Note: this will not appear if you have not got Customer-Checkout Enabled.
- Choose a payment frequency (Weekly/Fortnightly/Monthly) from the drop-down menu.
- Then you can set the regular payment amount and the term (years) for the payment.
- Select whether you would like to enable Auto-Apply for this option and fill out the details for this.
- Use the text-editor to enter in the Terms and Conditions which are specific to this payment option and will only be displayed when this option is selected.
- Click the button to finish creating this payment option.