This article relates to the Project zone > Design tab of the app.
When designing solar systems, it is very possible that your client has an existing solar system installed. OpenSolar gives you the capability to quickly and easily accommodate for this if they would like to upgrade their system with more panels.
You will need to know the existing panels that they are using and add them to your component database if they are not already there. For instructions on how to add new panel models to your database, please see this article (insert link).
1. Once you have their modules in your database, navigate to design, and simply select the module type from drop down in the left-hand sidebar under the panel tab:
2. Paint the Modules over the existing system by clicking and clicking and dragging over the existing system.
3. You can rename this existing system by clicking if that makes it easier to denote the old/existing system.
4. Open up the summary tab (on the left toolbar) for the existing system, scroll down to "advanced settings", and click the toggle ON for "existing system to upgrade.
5. Duplicate the existing system by clicking on the left side bar.
6. On this new duplicate, you can retitle it by clicking the pen icon again to denote it as the "new system" or "upgrade/retrofit".
7. Click into the summary tab for the new system, go to the advanced settings and toggle OFF the "existing system to upgrade".
8. Then on the new system, paint the new panels on the roof by clicking the +panels button. Or add a battery if it is a retrofit job.
9. Go back to the old/existing system > summary > advanced settings > toggle ON "system hidden from customer"
When the proposal is generated, the results for the second system will be calculated taking into consideration their existing system.
Note: For a battery retrofit you may wish to use a specialized proposal template to ensure that the battery proposal shows as you intend it to. For example you may wish to remove the panels from the "shown products" in Control>Purchase experience>Proposal template>edit>Proposal settings and remove the modules from the shown products for the battery retrofit proposal template.