The OpenSolar API allows you to leverage the features of OpenSolar that are most valuable to you, without needing to migrate away from your existing CRM or business management software. With the OpenSolar API, your system can automatically read and write data to and from the OpenSolar database based on your business needs.
What Can You Do With The OpenSolar API?
- The OpenSolar API is flexible so you can do whatever you’d like with it (we’re always interested to hear how our users are using it - please drop us a line!), but here are some applications that users have found most helpful:
- Lead Import: Whenever a new lead is created in the user’s system (whether it originated as traffic on the user’s site or was purchased from a lead provider), a new project is created in OpenSolar via API with the lead’s name, address, contact info and utility information. All the user needs to do is open up Studio and design the system.
- Trigger Outreach based on Customer Action: Whenever a customer takes an action in MyEnergy (e.g. viewing the proposal, accepting the proposal) an event update is passed to the user’s system via API, triggering automated outreach to the customer, tailored to their actions.
- Accounting and Ordering: Whenever a system is marked as sold in OpenSolar, the hardware info (quantity, make, model of each piece of hardware) and price is passed to the user’s system via API where it can be used for accounting purposes and/or to inform ordering decisions.
- Sync Status: Whenever a customer purchases a system on OpenSolar, or a system is marked as installed in a user’s system, the status is passed to the other system via API to ensure they remain in sync, so users can find the latest information wherever they are.
What Is The OpenSolar API
- The OpenSolar API gives your system direct read/write access to key elements within the OpenSolar database. While the API docs below include all the detail, some highlights include:
- Customer info (e.g. name, email, phone number)
- Project info (e.g. address, lead source, property type)
- System info (e.g. system size, system output, price, battery size)
- Project Management (e.g. project status, customer interactions, project milestones)
- Organization configurations (e.g. payment options, pricing schemes, hardware)
How to get started
This feature is available Australia, New Zealand, USA and the UK. If you are not in one of these regions, please send us an email to request access at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each OpenSolar user is responsible for implementing the API themselves - OpenSolar does not have an API implementation team or offer implementation services for a fee. (We’re happy to recommend implementation partners upon request.)