Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
Solar Pros can have their customers sign their solar contracts via DocuSign, the leading global e-signature service provider.
- Solar Pros who have enabled the DocuSign integration will have the ability to add DocuSign signatures wherever they deem appropriate in their contract templates.
- When a customer clicks “Accept Proposal” in MyEnergy, they will be presented with the opportunity to review and sign the contract via DocuSign.
- The signed contract will be emailed to the customer and saved to the OpenSolar project, and will also be available in the Solar Pro’s DocuSign account
GreenLancer Integration (US only 🇺🇸 )
Solar Pros can now save time (and money) by ordering plansets and related services from GreenLancer, the leading solar permitting service provider in the U.S., directly from the OpenSolar app.
- A “Send Project to GreenLancer” button will appear on the Project page for any sold project.
- Clicking that button will present the Solar Pro with GreenLancer’s product offerings and pricing information.
- Once the user has selected the desired product(s), they can hit “Send to GreenLancer” and transmit all relevant project data over to GreenLancer to initiate the planset generation process.
- Solar Pro can then follow the link to GreenLancer portal to populate remaining data points and complete purchase.
Plenti (AU only 🇦🇺 )
- Added a new staff led Partner ID field to allow Pros to apply for loans on behalf of their customer through OpenSolar.
- Enabled Proposal Acceptance before approving loan application.
- Updated UI to reflect the new Plenti theme.
MCS PV Output Calculator (UK only 🇬🇧 )
OpenSolar now supports the MCS Standards in calculating the total generation and self-consumption of a solar PV system as defined in MIS 3002 and MGD 003. Please read more on how to set up your organisation to start using the MCS Calculator on OpenSolar here.
- Adding ability to set the first year degradation of PV modules. We will be updating the most popular modules used on OpenSolar to include this change. Not all modules will be updated.
System Advisor Model (SAM):
- Adding the Sandia Array Performance Model to increase accuracy for certain PV modules where the module level data is available.
- Adding ability to customise default system losses for the System Advisor Model (SAM) calculator from NREL. You can set these in Control > Setbacks & Design Settings > Simulation Settings.
- Increase the number of MPPTs per inverter that can be supported by the System Advisor Model (SAM) from 4 to 16.
- Adding ability to specific DC vs AC connected battery systems when using the System Advisor Model (SAM). The energy flows for DC vs AC connected will be calculated differently. This can be specified in Studio in the battery section. The default option is AC connected.
- Adding a new Battery Control Scheme to optimize energy charge savings for time-of-use (TOU) electricity tariffs. This can be specific in Studio in the battery section.
Tariff Override per System:
- Added the ability to override proposed tariff per system. If a payment option also has a tariff override set, it will take precedence over the tariff override set per system.
Please note that the first-year savings and generation figures for your future projects and re-saved existing projects may be impacted.
- Updated Solar for Business Incentive so that it is based on price payable, not total price.
- Updated Consumer Protection Guide for California within Compliance Docs. 🇺🇸
- Added new placeholders in WYSIWYG, removed deprecated ones, and fixed broken ones.
- Updated the Solar Outlet integration to Solar Outfitters.
- Added ability to manage marketing email subscription directly from the OpenSolar app.