You are able to set up multiple contracts which require signatures in multiple different places using a combination of OpenSolar and DocuSign.
How to Generate the Document in OpenSolar
In order to do this, first go to Control>Other>Document Templates and click on + Create in the top right corner or in the centre, depending on how many templates you have.
From here you can copy and paste your contract into the text editor.
Put the following in text where you want to insert certain fields.
\i\ - Initial
\s\ - Signature
\n\ - Name
\d\ - Date signed
This text will be recognised by DocuSign once you have set up your custom fields and will allow you to fill in there later.
- Make your contract template (Go to Control>Document Templates>Create>Title "Contract">Type "Generic Document". Then paste in your contract into the text editor.
- Place in your fields by typing the above for each area. Ensure that you leave some space between the label and placeholder.
- Save the document.
- Generate the document on the project page by going to the bottom of the page and clicking on the GENERATE button. Then choose the template and generate. Once it has finished generating, refresh the page.
- Tag the document with Sales Proposal - Extra File by editing and then adding the tag.
- Download the PDF proposal from the MyEnergy page.
Now you have the PDF which you can upload to DocuSign, please see the next section to see how to sign it in DocuSign.
Create and Apply Custom Fields in DocuSign
In order to create custom fields:
- Login to your DocuSign
- Go to the top right and click on your profile and go to My Preferences
- Go to the left hand sidebar and click on the Custom Fields section
- Create a new field for signatures and fill it out as follows:
- Important: Ensure that you use the same AutoPlace text as you set earlier in the document. Repeat this for Initials, Name and Date signed which are all different types of custom fields. At the end it should look like this:
- Apply these fields when signing a document by going to Custom Fields on the left hand side bar and then dragging and dropping into the document.
This will allow you to sign in multiple places using DocuSign.