This article will cover how the new activities tracker works and how you can use it to manage tasks.
Activities Tracker Interface
The tracking interface can be found towards the top of the project page and is split between the Planned Activity and Project History sections.
The details of what each of these sections can be used for is outlined below.
What it Tracks
This section is used for creating, assigning and scheduling activities for particular projects within your organisation.
If you press the + button next to the section you will be presented with the following pop-up window:
- Choose the activity type. It can be:
- Miscellaneous Activity
- Calls (inbound, outbound)
- Email (inbound, outbound)
- Site visit (installation, maintenance, sales)
- Optionally type up any relevant notes to go along with the task
- Assign the task to one of your team members
- If it is something which needs to marked as complete and followed up, you can track it as a task. After you click on this button, indicate whether it is complete or incomplete.
- You can also schedule it into your calendar [find out more about calendar scheduling here].
- If the activity is relevant to a particular customer you can also add them in.
After you have finished filling these out, your activity should look something like this:
Once you click the Save Button, you will be presented with project page which now has your activity. you will be able to read the notes for the activity and click on details to revisit or change anything.
If the planned activity is tracked as a task then it will show:
- INCOMPLETE - If the task is marked as not complete and it is still before the scheduled date and time
- OVERDUE - If the task is marked as not complete and it is after the scheduled date and time
- It will be moved to the Project History if it has been marked as complete
If the planned activity is not tracked as task then it will be moved to the Project History after the end date and time.
The project history section will track various changes including:
- Completed actions
- Customer activity tracking including when proposal link is sent, when it is opened and when they accept the proposal
- You can also track changes to the system design based on IF:
- The project has been moved to the any other stage apart from the Design stage
- The project has been marked as the Sold System, which occurs when a customer accepts a proposal
- Completed/finished activities
Tasks and activities can be managed by viewing them in either calendar or list view in the Projects page by going up to the top left and choosing either my assigned activities.
You will be able to see the tasks and activities in the calendar for all of the projects that you have access to. For more information on levels of access in OpenSolar please see our article on restricting access to certain users.
For further information on the calendar function please see our article on Calendar Scheduling