OpenSolar Release Notes - Late December 2019
Please be sure to logout & refresh the browser to see the latest updates.
Project Management Features
- Divided Customer Activity section in project page into Planned Activity and Project History.
- Planned Activity
- Project History
- See in list or calendar view.
- Ability to integrate and sync with Google Calendar. (Private Beta: contact us to join)
- Ability to choose language ( > Settings > Language)
- Presently support only British/Australian and US english translations. Support for other languages coming soon.
- Froala editor with the ability to resize images, add tables, embed videos, paste from Word, search placeholders and more.
- New HTML email templates for all outbound emails (to edit, go to Control>Settings>Email Settings).
- Rich text editing for proposal invite email content with the ability to use placeholders.
- Ability to resend an invite to an organisation team member who has not yet accepted.
- Record when a customer opens the email. (visible in the new Project History section)
- Proposal email sent using the email address of the organisation. User needs to enter SMTP settings (Help Centre article)
- See AC/DC ratio for each inverter based on how they are strung.
- See surface area of 3D facet.
- Reduce thickness of facet edges to improve precision, updated warning messages when deleting components, added extra tooltips, and many more.
- 🇦🇺 STC Updates
- Added new STC 2020 as default in each Australian account with updated term and zone data. (Moved the old STC out of auto apply)
- WARNING: This (and future updates) might affect the calculations on your previous projects. To lock in existing pricing and incentive calculations, please move your projects out of Designing stage.
- 🇺🇸Support for more complex SREC modelling (10kW+)
- 🇺🇸ITC Updates
- Added new Federal Tax Incentive 2020 as default in each US account.
- For Auto-applied incentives, added a new “order” features that allows you to set when the incentive is applied. Larger number means applied at the last.
- Added yearly, bimonthly and weekly payment frequency option in Simple and Advanced Loan options
- PPA - Allow adding separate rate for self consumption and export and optionally set a kWh cap.
- Updated Owner’s Manual and Installation Instruction document template to leverage the new editor functionality (table, page breaks, embedding images)
- to access the updated Owner's Manual and Installation Instructions document, go to document template and create a new one (old ones will remain the same).
🇺🇸 CA Customer Approval Doc
- Automatically add Customer approval doc for California projects in Terms & Conditions of new OpenSolar accounts created.
- Old account can access it be adding “Mandatory Compliance Message (If applicable)” placeholder in Control > Business Details > T&C.
- Ability to create Micro-inverter circuits.
- Allows easier interface to have both a string and micro-inverter in the same system.
- Download projects created on OpenSolar in a CSV.
- Allow solar pros to send outbound email campaigns from OS database using CSV export and filters.
- Upload multiple projects directly from CSV onto OpenSolar. (Private Beta: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to join)
- See component specifications (read only) when activating a new component in Control.
- Ability to duplicate from database and customise component specification when activating a new component in Control.
- Added country filtering to modules, inverters, batteries and other components.
- Allow archiving components that are activated in your account and used in a project.
- To view archived components in Control, enable "Show Archived" filter.
- Added “other component” database.
- Allow adding module height and width in mm.
- Additional parts warranty field for inverters.
- Removed exhibitor content filter from components (module, inverter, panel, battery)
- Option to switch to imperial or metric measurements in Control > Settings > General Preferences.
- Filtering on transactions - type, project, amount, data, status, etc.
- Show price of commercial systems in AU as GST exclusive.
- Change color of toggle for selected boolean inputs.
- Updated default setback for US projects to sensible integer in feet.
- Added Nearmap branded orientation video for NMOS customers - US and AU.
- Allow Solar Pros to load MyEnergy from secure links in email invitations if they are already logged in.
Article is closed for comments.