This article is in continuation to How to Set-up Payment Options. Please visit the previous article if you want to see all the available payment types.
PPA (Beta) Payment
Solar PPA is a long term contract between the Customer and the Solar retailer(or installer) to purchase electricity generated by a solar panel system installed at their premises. The PPA (Beta) payment type can be used to configure that payment option.
To create the payment type, click on Create on the top left hand corner on the list of payment options. You will get the page below.
- Give your payment option a title. (Note: This is how your payment option will appear in the proposal)
- Give your payment option a short description.
- In the Payment Type drop down, select PPA(Beta).
- Enter the agreed contract price for electricity in $/kWh.
- You can enter an annual escalation % for the electricity price as per the contract terms.
- You can enter the $ amount of upfront payment.
- The term for the PPA in years can be entered next.
- Select whether you would like to enable Auto-Apply for this option and fill out the details for this.
- Use the text-editor to enter in the Terms and Conditions which are specific to this payment option and will only be displayed when this option is selected.
- Click the button to finish creating this payment option.