This article deals with linking a user account on Nearmap with OpenSolar or adding a new user account to Nearmap on OpenSolar. In most cases, this would also onboard all the users on the Nearmap account to OpenSolar. This article explains how you can add/link Nearmap users to an OpenSolar user account.
Scenario 1: New team member on a Nearmap on OpenSolar account
There are two ways you can add a new team member to your Nearmap on OpenSolar account:
- Create a new user on Nearmap and add that user to Nearmap on OpenSolar.
- Add a user directly to Nearmap on OpenSolar (without creating a Nearmap user).
Note: Only admins are able to add new team members to Nearmap on OpenSolar.
Create a new user on Nearmap and add the user to Nearmap on OpenSolar:
- Add a new user to your Nearmap account.
- Open app.opensolar.com/#/register
- Click login with Nearmap
- Use your Nearmap credentials to log in.
Add a user directly to Nearmap on OpenSolar (without creating a Nearmap user)
- Log in to Nearmap on OpenSolar using your admin credentials
- Go to app.opensolar.com/#/roles/create?override=1
- Add the new team member details and save
Note: This user will not have the same theme/branding as Nearmap on OpenSolar user accounts. This process is only possible when using a web browser and not in Android or iOS apps.
Scenario 2: User email already exists on OpenSolar
If you have the same email on Nearmap and OpenSolar, you need to link them to activate a login for Nearmap on OpenSolar.
- Go to https://app.opensolar.com/#/login and log in using your OpenSolar email and password.
- In a new tab, go to admin.nearmap.com and log in using the same email address.
- Click the "Go to OpenSolar" button on the Nearmap self-service portal.
This should link your Nearmap account with your OpenSolar account. You can now log in to OpenSolar using the “Login with Nearmap” link.