This article talks about a feature in the Control section of the App.
OpenSolar supports automatic integration of leads generated through the OS Lead Capture Form directly into the OpenSolar platform.
You can customise the form's parameters and generate code snippet on OpenSolar. The code can be integrated to either your company's website or blog. While the process to integrate is simple, it needs some knowledge of web development (HTML/CSS) and access to hosting (AWS, Wordpress, etc.).
This article explains how to customize form fields and generate code snippet for Lead Capture form.
In order to create a Lead Capture Form, go to the section of the app by clicking on the right hand side of the bottom toolbar.
Then Click on the Manage button underneath Lead Capture Forms.
Click + CREATE button on the top right corner to create a new form.
The form generation is divided into 4 sections:
- Input Fields
- SPAM protection (optional)
- Assign to Team Member - The leads generated through the form will be assigned to this team member.
- Lead Source - The tag added to the Lead Source field of the project generated.
- Format - Defines the format of the form. The form can be either Embed in Page or a Popup on Click.
By default, each Lead Capture Form has First Name, Email and Address as compulsory fields. You have the option to include
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Number of Phases
in the form. Each of these field can be either "Required" or "Optional".
- Required fields - Leads will have to fill this field before being able to submit the form.
- Optional Field - Leads can skip from filling this field.
You can optionally add Google reCAPTCHA v3 to enable SPAM protection. If you haven't created one already for your website before, you can create a new one here.
Enter the reCaptcha Site Key and Secret Key provided by Google to enable it in the form.
The code is only visible once you save the Lead Capture Form. The code remains the same even if you edit the input fields and the changes can be seen on the website dynamically. You do not have to update the code on the website everytime you edit the Lead Capture Form.
Embed in page format
Popup on Click format
You can learn more about how to integrate Lead Capture Form here
How to Integrate Lead Capture Form