This article is in the Control section of the App.
Within OpenSolar, you are able to create custom incentives which can be applied to your projects.
In order to do this, click on the Control icon on the right hand side of the bottom toolbar, then click on Other>Incentives.
From here you will be taken to a list of your current incentives where you can see which ones are applied or not:
In order to create a new incentive, simply click on the + Create button in the top right hand corner.
From here you can choose a
- Title - Easily identify this incentives
- Incentive Type - Choose from a drop of different incentive types to create the right one.
- Incentive paid to - Determine who the incentive is paid to as either the customer or the installer.
- Cap amount - Optional entry of a cap set on how much money can be paid through the incentive.
- Auto-Apply - This refers to whether you would like to automatically apply the incentives to your projects with optional geographic restrictions.
There are five kinds of incentives:
Performance Based Incentive
This is an incentive which has 3 inputs:
- Value by year ($/kWh) - This is entered as Comma Separated Values (CSV) for each year. If you do not enter a value for every year then it will take the last value you gave and repeat it for the number of remaining years, applying the annual adjustment percentage (if supplied).
- Number of Years - This is simply a statement of how many years that this incentive will be valid for. This will limit how long it will simulate for.
- Annual Adjustment Percentage - This value sets the annual change in percentage for the price value. Positive numbers correspond to an increase and negative numbers correspond to a decrease.
For example, if we wanted to make the price $0.0375/kWh for 5 years and decreasing by 2% every year then it would look like this:
Size Based Incentive
There are two main inputs for this incentive:
- Size Based Incentive Type - This decides whether the incentive is based on the size of the Solar System (kW) or the Battery system (kWh).
- Value per Unit - This sets the price that is paid per kW or kWh depending on the Incentive Type.
Price Based Incentive
- Price Base Incentive Type - You are able to set the incentive including or excluding tax.
- Percentage of Price (%) - This defines the incentive amount as a percentage of the price of the system.
- Incentive Value - Simply a fixed amount which is paid. It is exclusive of tax.
STC Point of Sale Discount
- Incentive Price - This is the price of the certificate in $/kWh.
- Years Remaining - This is the number of years remaining for the incentive.
Once you have finished editing, then ensure that you press the button at the bottom of the page.