This article is in the Studio section of the App.
When designing solar systems, it is very possible that your client will already have an existing solar system that is installed. OpenSolar gives you the capability to quickly and easily accomodate for this if they would like to upgrade their system with more panels.
You will need to know the existing panels that they are using and add them to your component database if they are not already there. For instructions on how to add new panel models to your database, please see this Article.
1. Once you have their modules in your database, simply select the module type from drop down in the sidebar:
2. Paint the Modules over the existing system by clicking and clicking and dragging over the existing system (see this Article for more information on creating 2D panel groups):
3. Duplicate the current system by clicking on the button on the left sidebar.
4. Select the original system by clicking on it from the top toolbar
5. Un-tick the Show Customer button and tick the Existing System to Upgrade button under the Advanced Settings heading in the left sidebar, so they look like this:
6. Select the second system
7. Add the panels in that you wish to install for the customer.
When the proposal is generated, the results for the second system will be calculated taking into consideration their existing system.