This article is in the Control section of the App.
OpenSolar understands that there are other components that may be used in PV designs which is why we have given you the capability to create components separate to the modules, inverters and batteries. Although these components will not be a part of the electrical calculations, you can add a Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) price to them which will be involved in your financial calculations.
When on the Control page of OpenSolar, access your list of other components by clicking on Manage underneath Other Components.
This will take you to a list of your “Other Components”. To create a new component, simply click on the button.
This will take you to a page where you are able to enter in various details for the Other Component.
- Code - this how the component will appear in the studio list.
- Title - the title of the component.
- Specification - any specifications for the component.
- Manufacturer - the manufacturer of the component.
- Description - this is where you can put in important information that you wish to be displayed for the customer.
- COGS per unit - used for calculating system prices if Margin pricing is selected
- Price Adjustment per Unit (Inc Tax) - this field gives you the ability to add a price adjustment (inclusive of tax) to the Price per Watt and Price Per Watt By Size pricing schemes.
- Product Warranty - the products warranty in years.
Note: If you want to display this Other Component to your customers, then ensure that you toggle the "Show Customer" button in the top right to ON.
Then click on which will save the details of the component you have created and take you back to the list of components that you have.