This article is in the Control section of the App.
When on the Control page of OpenSolar, access your list of batteries by clicking on Batteries underneath System Design. From here you can either edit existing batteries or create a new one. In order to create a new battery, click on the create button in the top right.
From here you the ability to look-up existing batteries in our component database. To do this, simply click on the Battery Type input box and type in the the model of battery that you are looking for.
If you are entering in a new battery model, or a custom model which is not likely to appear in our database then you have the ability to create your own custom battery by entering in the specifications manually.
To do this, toggle the Lookup in Component Database to OFF and then enter in the specifications in each of the fields shown.
- Code - this how the component will appear in the studio list.
- Manufacturer - the manufacturer of the component.
- kWh Optimal - the ideal capacity of the battery.
- End of Life Capacity (0-1) - capacity of the battery at the end of its life on a scale of 0 to 1.
- Power Max Continuous (kW) - the maximum power continuous that the battery can handle while charging.
- Aging Factor (0-1) - the effect of the aging of the battery on a scale from 0 to 1. Use 1 if not known.
- Rating Optimal - the ideal rating of the battery.
- Depth of Discharge (0-1) - how deeply the battery discharges on a scale of 0 to 1.
- Total Warranted kWh (1 Cycle/Day) - the warrantied kWh, assuming 1 cycle per day. read more
- Power Optimal (kW) - the ideal power of the battery.
- Efficiency Factor (0-1) - the effect that efficiency losses has on the battery on a scale of 0 to 1.
- Voltage (V) - the voltage of the battery in Volts.
Once you have the battery that you are after, you can enter various other details:
- COGS per unit - used for calculating system prices if Markup pricing is selected.
- Price Adjustment per Unit (Inc Tax) - this field gives you the ability to add a price adjustment (inclusive of tax) to the Price per Watt and Price Per Watt By Size pricing schemes.
- Product Warranty - the product warranty of the battery.
Once you have finished entering in the details for your new battery type, click .
This will then take you back to your list of batteries in Control where you can create more or edit ones you have already created by clicking on .