Depending on the text editor that you are using, there will be a list of placeholders that are available to draw on information from other parts of the App.
This article will outline what each placeholder name refers to.
Assigned Team Member = Assigned User/Salesperson Information
When you make a project, you can assign a user/salesperson to the project in the project page.
These variables will draw on the information specific to that user. For information on how to assign a user to a project see this Article and for information on how to update an assigned user's details see this Article.
- Assigned Team Member Full Name = Assigned User's first + last name
- Assigned Team Member Family Name = Assigned User's last name
- Assigned Team Member First Name = Assigned User's first name
- Assigned Team Member Email = Assigned User's email address
- Assigned Team Member Phone = Assigned User's phone number
- Assigned Team Member Job Title = Assigned User's occupation
Contact = Client Information
These placeholders are related to the information that is provided in the project page of a project for the customer. For information on creating and assigning customers please see this Article.
- Contact Full Name = client's first + last name
- Contact First Name = client's first name
- Contact Family Name = client's last name
- Contact Email = client's email address
- Contact Phone = client's phone number
Org = Organisation Information
These placeholders are related to all of the information that is about your organisation. For more information regarding how to update this information please see this Article. For how to update your organisation's name and country see this Article.
- Org About Content = All of the text and imagery that your have written into the About Content text box within the Content section of Control.
- Org Address = the address set for your organisation
- Org Company Email = the email set for your organisation
- Org Company Website = the website set for your organisation
- Org Country Iso2 = a two-letter code which represents your organisation's country (eg Australia = AU)
- Org Country Name = the country set for your organisation
- Org Id = a unique identifier which is given to each organisation that uses OpenSolar
- Org Locality = the locality set for your organisation
- Org Name = the name that you set for your organisation
- Org Sales Phone Number = the phone number that is set for your organisation
- Org State = the state set for your organisation
- Org Zip = the zip set for your organisation
Project = Project Information
These placeholders refer to the information that is related specifically to the project that the placeholders are being used for. For Information on how to edit all of the Project information please see our series of articles called The Project Page.
- Project Address = the address at which the project was made
- Project Created Date = the date that the project was created on OpenSolar
- Project Id = a unique number that is assigned to every project created on OpenSolar
- Project Identifier
- Project Lat = the latitude of the project
- Project Locality= the locality/suburb of the project
- Project Lon = the longitude of the project
- Project Modified Date = the date when the project information was last updated on OpenSolar
- Project Energy Usage Annual (kWh) = The total amount of energy that is assumed to be used by the building which the panels are used on.
- Project Utility Tariff Name = The name of the current utility tariff that is set on the project page
- Project State = the state in which the project is set
- Project Zip = the zip-code/post-code set to the project
- Project Assigned User Name = the assigned user's full name (edit user's details in this Article)
- Project Assigned Installer Name = the assigned installer's full name (edit installer's details in this Article)
- Project Assigned Installer Accreditation = the accreditation provided with the installer's details (edit installer's details in this Article)
- Project Wind Region = the wind region is a code which defines the typical wind speed in an area. This placeholder simply draws on the input made in the Wind Region section in the project page.
System = Information regarding the selected system
These placeholders draw on information from the selected system
- System Name = The name which has been set for the selected system. If no name has been set then it will be: "X Solar Panels System", where X is the number of panels used in the system.
- System Battery Manufacturer = the name of the manufacturer of the battery within the selected system
- System Battery Codes = the codes associated with the battery within the selected system.
- System Battery Quantity = the total number of batteries that are used in the system.
- System Battery Total kWh = the total amount of kWh available from batteries in a system.
- System Inverter Quantity = the number of inverters in the selected system
- System Inverter Manufacturer = the inverters manufacturer
- System Inverter Codes = the codes of the inverters that are being used in the selected system
- System Inverter Total Rating kW = the total rating of the inverters
- System Price Adders Fixed ($) = the amount entered into the "Price Adders Fixed" section in Studio.
- System Price Adders Per Panel ($) = the amount entered into the "Price Adders Per Panel" section in Studio.
- System Price Adders Per Watt ($) = the amount entered into the "Price Adders Per Watt" section in Studio.
- System Bill Frequency = the frequency with which payments will be made if
- System Annual Feed In Tariff ($) = Amount of money made in the first year from FiT
- System Annual LGC = amount of money made in the first year from LGCs
- System Years to Simulate Financials = the number of years that a system will simulate for, set in Project configuration
- System Annual Utility Inflation (%) = The utility inflation value in %, set in project configuration
- System Consumption Offset Percentage (%) = the ratio between generation and usage, expressed as a %
- System Consumption Annual (kWh) = the annual usage of electricity
- System DC Optimiser Efficiency (%) = the value given for a DC optimiser
- System Discount ($) = the amount of money entered as a discount in studio
- System Down Payment ($) =
- System Environmentals Car Miles Avoided - the amount of energy generated by solar expressed as the number of miles avoided being driven
- System Environmentals CO2 Tons Avoided - the amount of energy generated by solar expressed as tons of CO2 avoided
- System Environmentals Flights Avoided - the amount of energy generated by solar expressed as number of flights avoided
- System Environmentals Trees Planted - the amount of energy generated by solar expressed as number of trees planted
- System Incentive to Customer ($) - the amount of incentive to customer, entered in studio
- System Incentive To Installer ($) - the amount of incentive to installer, combination of number entered in studio and STCs/LGCs
- System Number of Modules - the number of modules in the selected system
- System Data (Proposed or Existing) = this variable will either produce "Existing" or "Proposed" based on whether or not the selected system is a system upgrade or not.
- System Size STC (kW) = the size of the system in kW at Standard Testing Conditions (STC)
- System Data Module Code = the code that is entered for the module, eg LG330N1C-A5
- System Module Description = the description that is entered for the module when it is created
- System Module Size STC (kW) = the size of the module in kW at Standard Testing Conditions (STC)
- System Module Manufacturer = the manufacturer of the module
- System Data Module Width (mm) = the width of the module in millimetres
- System Data Module Height (mm) = the height of the module in millimetres
- System Output Annual (kWh) = the annual output of the system in kWh
- System Pricing Adders = the amount of pricing adders, applied in Studio
- System Battery Price = the price set for the battery
- System Incentive To Customer Total = the total incentive to customer
- System Incentive To Installer STC = the incentive to the installer only from STCs
- System Incentive to Installer Total = the total incentive to the installer
- System Net System Price After All Incentives = the net system price after all incentives
- System Price Including Tax = the system price including tax
- System Price After Incentive To Installer = the system price after only incentive to installer
- System Price Excluding Tax = the system price excluding tax
- System Price Tax = the amount of tax included
- System Summary = gives a summary of the system size and the number+type of modules and inverters.
- System Module Efficiency = the STC kW of the panel divided by its area in kW/m^2
- System Utility Current Monthly Cost ($) = the current monthly utility bill amount
- System Utility Proposed Monthly Cost ($) = the proposed monthly utility bill amount
Owner's Manual Snippets
- Embed List of Equipment Table = insert the table of the equipment used in the selected system.
- Embed System Performance Estimate = insert a breakdown of the system performance including: daily and annual generation and a month by month table of the daily generation.
- Embed Log Book Default Images = insert the default image for log book
- Embed Maintenance Schedule Default Image = insert the default image for maintenance schedule.
- Embed Wind Regions Default Image = insert the default wind regions image.
- Embed Important Symbols = insert the default image for important symbols.
- Embed Equipment Documentation = insert the file which is uploaded for equipment documentation
- Embed Connection Diagram = insert the file which is uploaded for connection diagram
- Embed Array Mounting Certificate = insert the file which is uploaded for array mounting certificate
- Embed Pre-Commissioning Test = insert the file which is uploaded for pre-commissioning test
- Embed Test and Commission = insert the file which is uploaded for test and commission
- Embed Installation Photographs = insert the file which is uploaded for installation photographs