This article is in the Studio section of the App.
- Click on the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on the icon. (You should now notice a blue dot which follows your mouse).
- Click on each of the corners of the roof in order to create a shape that will represent the roof face.
- Right-click on a ridge and then click on the “Edge type: ridge” to define the highest edge as a ridge. (This will ensure that the panels are facing the correct way when placed on the face)
Note: If the building you are designing on does not have a ridge, you can also set the way the panels face by defining the lowest edge to be a gutter.
- Click inside the shape to select it and bring up the sidebar which will allow you to change the azimuth and slope. You can also move the shape and delete it using this sidebar.
- Click on and then click on in order to create objects where panels will not be placed.
- Click on a system you wish to add panels to.
- Click from the left hand sidebar in order to automatically fill as much of the roof space as possible. (Or you can simply add panel groups and click and drag as you would in a 2D design).
You can add and remove panels manually by clicking on the panels created by Auto-Layout.
Please see this Article for instructions on how to select Pricing, Equipment and Stringing for your system within Studio mode.