This article is in the Control section of the App.
When on the Control page of OpenSolar, access your list of modules by clicking on Manage underneath Modules.
From here you can either edit existing modules or create a new one.
In order to create a new module, click on the button in the top right.
From here you have the ability to look-up existing modules in our component database. To do this, simply click on the Module Type input box and type in the the model of module that you are looking for.
If you are entering in a very new module model, or a custom model which is not likely to appear in our database then you have the ability to create your own custom module by entering in the specifications manually.
To do this, toggle the Lookup in Component Database to OFF and then enter in the specifications in each of the fields shown.
- Then you will have the option to fill in the rest of the detailsCode - this how the component will appear in the studio list.
- Manufacturer - the manufacturer of the component.
- kW STC (kW) - the STC rating of the panel in kW
- Width (m) - the length of the shorter side of the module in metres.
- Height (m) - the length of the longer side of the module in metres.
- Max Power Voltage (V) - The voltage of the module at maximum power point at STC
- Voc (V) - The open circuit voltage of the panel in Volts
- Temp Co-efficient Voc (%/˙C) - the Voc loss coefficient for the panel in percentage per degrees C ie. -0.3
- Temp Co-efficient Max Power Point (-%/˙C) - the Max Power point loss coefficient for the panel in percentage per degrees C ie. -0.32
- COGS per unit (Ex Tax) - used for calculating system prices if Margin pricing is selected.
- Price Adjustment per Unit (Inc Tax) - this field gives you the ability to add a price adjustment (inclusive of tax) to the Price per Watt and Price Per Watt By Size pricing schemes.
- Annual Degradation override (%/year) - This is a flat, annual reduction in module output as a % of its initial output. This can be left as 0 and a value of 0.45% per year will be used.
- Default Module Type - a toggle which defines whether it will be selected by default when you load up a new studio.
- Product Warranty - the product warranty of the module.
- Performance Warranty - the performance warranty of the module.
You will have the option to choose other modules for your designs in the Studio page by selecting them from a drop down menu.
Once you have finished entering in the details for your new module type, click .
This will then take you back to your list of module types in Control where you can create more or edit ones you have already created by clicking on .