This article is in the Studio section of the App.
With OpenSolar's advanced SolarTouch design capability, you are able to create a system design in a matter of seconds.
This short, detailed video walks through designing with the 2D option in OpenSolar. Written steps are provided below.
When you first enter the Studio zone for a new project, you will be presented with a top-down google maps image of the the building.
- Click and drag the map in order to centre the building you're working on. Whatever is inside the dotted rectangle is the image that will show on your proposal.
- Click on the button under the yellow system tab.
- Click and drag (holding the left mouse button) to lay down panels onto the roof.
- While you're still holding the mouse button, you can add/subtract panels and adjust the azimuth.
- Release the mouse button when you are satisfied with your panel group.
While you have a panel group selected, you are able to add and remove panels by clicking (or clicking and dragging) on either the empty grid spaces around the panels (adds a panel) or by clicking on a panel (removes that panel).
By clicking on a specific panel group, you are able to adjust slope, azimuth, panel orientation, and more.
Note: For the Azimuth: North = 0˚, East = 90˚, South = 180˚ and West = 270˚
Within this left hand sidebar you also have the option to add tilt racks, create spacing between panels, and offset the panels by clicking on “Advanced Layout”
Please see this Article for instructions on how to select Pricing, Equipment and Stringing for your system within Studio mode.